Society for Science & the Public: STEM Grant Applications
STEM Action and Research Grant NOW OPEN
Action Grants and Research Grants
Fall Application Deadline: October 1, 2017
Please read below for more information about these two grants opportunities, offered to innovative organizations and science research teachers below and on our website.
STEM Action Grant Program
The Society aims to fund innovative non-profit organizations that support community based STEM projects, and whose work supports our mission. The Society’s prestigious middle and high school STEM competitions, and the award-winning journalism produced by our Science News media group, have lead countless individuals toward STEM fields over the past 75 years.
The Society is interested in supporting organizations that:
- are mission-driven and whose goals align with the Society’s
- advocate for the general public’s increased understanding of STEM fields with the goal of producing a science literate society
- aim to spark life-long interest in and appreciation for STEM fields through unique programming, increased accessibility and exposure to science
- aim to increase participation of underrepresented populations in STEM fields
STEM Research Grant Program
The Society aims to support school-based science research programs, by providing one-time grants to teachers who are leading students in authentic research projects.
Eligibility for these grants is limited. If you did not receive an email communication inviting you to apply, please do not open an account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Grants may be put towards:
- Equipment or other experimental materials needed to complete student research projects
- Travel or other expenses necessary to allow students to complete the research itself
- Schools or teachers supporting multiple students in research
- Schools or teachers who are supporting low income students or students of underrepresented ethnicity (African American, Latino, Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander)
- Programs showing a plan for sustainability beyond this year (schools awarded grants must wait at least 3 years before reapplying)
The Society will award grants of up to $5,000 for both the Action and the Research Grant programs.